We are so excited that you are interested in joining that special and distinctive community of Sigma Lambda Beta men. And we also want to acknowledge that joining a fraternal organization such as Sigma Lambda Beta is a significant decision in one’s life. Because of this it is important that you have as much information as possible so that you can make the best decision for yourself. It is imperative that you do your due diligence and learn about those fraternities that you believe are of interest to you. For example, it is important to know the organizations history, mission and values so that they align with your own. There is no one formulaic equation that anyone can provide you. It simply has to be “right” for you. What we have learned as this process will require that you be candid and honest with yourself!
- Be passionate about Sigma Lambda Beta’s history, mission and values
- Membership is only available for collegiate men who are enrolled full-time at a college or university where there is an active collegiate entity of Sigma Lambda Beta
- If your college/university does not have a colony/chapter of Sigma Lambda Beta, check out our Expansion information to see if starting a new colony is the right thing for you
- Interested men must have a 2.50 cumulative GPA at the time of application
- If this is your first semester in college, you must show that you graduated high school with an unweighted G.P.A. of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale
- While not required, you are encouraged to attend informational meetings hosted by the entity where you wish to join
- Contact the brothers at your school to learn about specific requirements upheld by our local entity (e.g. application packet requirements, interview, etc.)
- Membership is only available to collegiate men who have received an official bid by a collegiate entity of Sigma Lambda Beta
Sigma Lambda Beta conducts membership intake via our membership education program. The length of the membership education process will vary from campus to campus based on individual schedules, your school’s Fraternity and Student Life requirements, academic calendars, holiday calendars, etc., but will typically last an average of eight (8) weeks and will not exceed ten (10) weeks. We encourage you to reach out to the officers at our collegiate entity on your campus to get specific information.
We take great pride in our membership education program. Through our membership education program you will be taught the history, mission and values of Sigma Lambda Beta as well as the local entity. Through the course of the program, you will have the opportunity to meet brothers from the local entity as well as from nearby entities to start building the bonds of brotherhood that holds our nation together. Additionally, you will receive leadership training and development to ensure that you will be successful not only on your collegiate campus, but in your professional endeavors later in life.
As you go through the membership education process, you will be required to pay new member fees. Please contact the treasurer of our local entity for current fees.
Requirements of Membership
Once you have become a brother of Sigma Lambda Beta, you will be expected to maintain the following standards:
- Maintaining a term GPA of at least a 2.50
- Abide by the rules set forth by the Fraternity
- Follow the rules and bylaws set by the local entity
- Follow the rules and guidelines set by your college/university
- Fulfill your membership dues obligations per semester (Please contact the treasurer of our local entity for current fees)
- Attend National and Regional conferences (this requirement is per entity)