It’s that time again for only those who have the most swag dare to show off their skills. That’s right, it’s time for the Convention Stroll Competition to take place again!
Registration for your team will open on June 15th and will remain open through June 29th. Only ten (10) teams will enter the competition and they will be accepted on a first-come, first-served basis! Check out the rules and regulations below.
- A total of ten (10) teams will be accepted on a first-come, first-served basis. All team members must be registered at the same time. No additions to team members will be accepted after a team has been registered.
- Teams must consist of at least three (3) members and may not exceed eight (8). Each member must belong to an entity that is considered Active-Good Standing. Teams may be dismissed the day of the competition if they don’t meet this criterion.
- Teams may not be co-ed.
- All team members must be registered attendees for BETACON 2012 (i.e. delegates, alternate delegates, banquet, registered alumni).
- Each team is responsible for bringing their own music on a CD and all tracks must be cut to the appropriate length. There is no limit for the number of song mash-ups per track/performance/round.
- All music must be clean and performances must be in good taste, including outfits. Any profanity and/or inappropriate language/actions will disqualify a team, no exception.
- Team Captain is responsible for registering his team.
- Team Captain is responsible for submitting the Team’s music CD at the time of check-in upon arrival to the Convention. Please make sure your CD is properly labeled.
- Registration will open on June 15th, 2012 and will close on June 29th, 2012. Registration is now open!
- Good sportsmanship is required at all times.
- There will be three (3) rounds.
- Round 1: Each team will be allowed one (1) minute to perform. The judges will select six (6) teams to move onto the next round.
- Round 2: Each team will be given two (2) minutes to perform. The judges will select four (4) teams to move onto the final round.
- Round 3 – Final Round: Each team will be given two (2) minutes each. The judges will select first, second and third place.
- Teams will be judged using the following criteria:
- Crowd Appeal
- 1st Place Team will receive a $400 cash prize.
- 2nd Place Team will receive a $200 cash prize.
- 3rd Place Team will receive a $100 cash prize.